Just for your geographical amusement, the pictures below are the coolest photos ever taken of some of the most interesting international borders in the world.
1) Norway and Sweden – Snowmobilers line up to ride the pathway of removed trees making up the border between the two Nordic nations.
2) United Kingdom and Spain – This is the checkpoint at the international boundary between the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar and Spain.
3) Haiti and the Dominican Republic – Haiti has limited deforestation laws when compared to the Dominican Republic on the right.
4) Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil – The point where the Iguazú and Paraná rivers converge is known as The Triple Frontier, connecting the three South American nations.
5) United States and Mexico – Picture of the border between Nogales, Arizona, on the left, and Nogales, Sonora, on the right. Withapproximately 350 million legal crossings being made annually the US-Mexico border is the most frequently crossed border in theworld and is close to 2,000 miles long.
6). Pakistan and India – The Wagah border ceremony is a daily military practice that the security forces of India and Pakistan have jointly followed since 1959. It takes place every night before the flags are lowered and the gate locked on the only road between the two Asian countries.
7). Netherlands and Belgium – The borders in the town of Baarle are the most confusing borders in the world. The entire town is surrounded by The Netherlands but 26 separate pieces of the town belong to Belgium. For clarification and the interest oftourists, the border is made visible on all the town’s streets. This way it is always clearwhether one is in Belgium (Baarle-Hertog) or in The Netherlands (Baarle-Nassau).